Thursday, May 17, 2012

The End

Today is my last day in Avignon. I'm taking the train to Paris tonight and then flying home tomorrow morning. I'm very anxious to get home and see everyone, to skateboard with Justin and eat Dad's spaghetti, but I'm also sad to leave. This really has been a wonderful experience. I've grown quite attached to my french family and our adorable little house.

Jean and I said our good-byes to all of our classmates yesterday. I'm so lucky to have been placed with such an amazing group of girls. I've learned so much!

Things I'll miss most about France:

Mme Catherine, PonPon, Russie, and Kiki
Giggling with Jean
Being a train's ride away from any major city in Europe
French bread (particularly the pain au raisin)
The incredible wind force
Speaking french
The efficiency of public transportation
An over-abundance of wildflowers

Last week we had our last adventure: a trip to Calanque - Luminy, where we hiked up and down the cliffs to a secluded beach. These are my Calanque pictures:

Thank you to everyone for sharing these adventures with me, I'm sure there'll be many more a little closer to home.

-Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment